Thursday, 28 January 2016

Changing Mindset

Reflection following the DVM Wananga:
Wow as always I was  in awe of the people I was in the room with and this year with the inclusion of many CORE staff as developing mentors ; Karen Melhuish-Spencer, Rebbecca Sweeney, (my top 2) I was  excited to be with the people that I hold in such high regard!! And ....,be learning alongside them.  

Even upon arrival at the CORE office and the spotting of Marc Osborne I felt like I wanted his autograph!!!
CORE top trends have had great influence on me and my learning, helping me make sense of the transformation of future focussed learning. 

Suzy Gould & Kathe Tawhiwhirangi during nightcap in garden back at the hotel after dinner with Cyndi Kruiger - Cyndi & I shared our awe of the people. Their response was that 'all at CORE stop & listen to us at the chalk face.' 

My reflection therefore was that it's me
Changing my mindset!!!!!!!! These people today & yesterday were my peers. 
Be proud of who you are- we all have a story to tell. Mentoring is about learning with, collaborating not the dictator of advice. 

'A star team will always beat a team of stars' Kathe Tawhiwhirangi . 

(Although disappointed that Sam Neill never responded to my tweet- just as well it was a yummy Pinot) 



No comments:

Post a Comment